Director of Hardware Engineering
DriverTech, a business associate of Roehl Transport, is looking to add an experienced leader to our team as the Director of Hardware Engineering in Salt Lake City, UT. In this position, you will lead, grow, and work alongside a team of highly skilled professionals that are equally passionate about transportation, innovation, and cutting-edge technology.
The Director of Hardware Engineering will be responsible for:
• Participating in company leadership and direction as a key member of the team
• Managing teams of consisting of both internal and external resources to create and deliver innovative products for the transportation industry. This role involves not only technical leadership but also employee development, performance management, mentoring, training, hiring, etc.
• Working closely with technical marketing staff and DriverTech executives to define product requirements to meet specific strategic objectives for those products.
• Oversee the architecture and coding of firmware, especially for microcontrollers internal to DriverTech hardware designs.
• Working closely with software application team/leadership to synchronize requirements for products and projects
• Managing sustainment of current hardware products and new product development through technical leadership, monitoring, mentoring, and coordinating with the teams
• Leading the hardware design review process
• Managing assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements, while focusing on bringing innovative and profitable products to market
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
• 8+ years of relevant work experience with development of products with a preference for products related to IOT, mobile, automotive, and transportation.
• 3-5 years of leadership experience that includes leading both individuals and teams (internal and external)
• Experience with technology packaging and manufacturing
For over 25 years, DriverTech has provided drivers and fleets with the transportation industry’s most advanced communications, safety, and compliance technology. Our products require robust driver interface via touchscreen and audio prompts and include connection to CANbus networks using standard automotive protocols. Human factor elements are important to the designs, which include high resolution displays, standard Bluetooth and WIFI connections to peripheral devices, and touchscreens. We turn leading technology into user-friendly tools needed to manage regulatory compliance, reduce operational costs, increase driver productivity, and improve fleet-wide visibility.